|By Ray DePena||
|October 27, 2009 04:16 PM EDT||
The Civitas Group is a consulting firm specializing in the field of homeland and national security founded in 2003 as a joint venture between Stonebridge International LLC and BKSH & Associates, a WPP operating company.
Our regular readers may recognize Mr. Gordon’s name from previous comments on this blog related to cloud computing and the City of Los Angeles’ proposed adoption.
Rick is an expert on security technology, business strategy and early-stage finance. Prior to joining the Civitas Group, Mr. Gordon was a senior consultant with The O’Gara Company, a strategic consulting firm that advised large systems integrators and emerging technology companies on the homeland security market.
Mr. Gordon was also CEO of Tovaris, a specialized encryption software development company, where he was responsible for raising the company’s initial investment capital and developing critical relationships with key strategic partners in the information security industry.
Additionally, Mr. Gordon was a technology investment banker at Bear, Stearns & Co., serving many emerging technology companies and participating in several technology initial public offerings.
He also served as a submarine officer in the U.S. Navy.
He received his MBA from The Darden School at the University of Virginia and his BS in Engineering with Merit from the U.S. Naval Academy.
Please welcome Rick and be on the lookout for his future posts on the subject of security and cloud computing.
- Which Cloud Services Providers Are Gaining Mind Share?
- Einstein, Sharks and Clouds: IT Security in the Cloud
- The End of IT 1.0 As We Know It Has Begun
- Cloud Talk with Peter Coffee: What's Next for the Cloud?
- Top 20 Cloud Services Providers That Are Gaining Mind Share
- Top 30 Cloud Service Providers Gaining Mind Share in 3Q 2010
- A Golden Key To The Cloud - For You!
- Telepresence – The Face of the Cloud
- Top Cloud Computing Enablers Gaining Mind Share in 3Q 2011
- The Beauty of the Cloud