|By Ray DePena||
|February 4, 2011 05:45 AM EST||
2010 was certainly an exciting year in the Cloudsphere with every major technology company positioning their companies for the ultimate game of the decade – Who Will Be The Future King of The Cloud? AT&T, CA, Cisco, CSC, Dell, HP, IBM, Microsoft, Oracle, and Verizon among others will continue to vie for the title this year.
We say goodbye to a range of Cloud computing companies: Boomi, DocVerse, Makara, Cast Iron, 3Tera, Nimsoft, 4Base, Heroku, LineSider, Stratavia, CloudKick, and others acquired in 2010, and look forward to a new year in Cloud computing developments.
Ninety Cloud Computing Companies to Watch in 2011
- Google Apps
- Terremark Worldwide
- Red Hat
- Relational Networks
- Adaptive Computing
- Crosscheck Networks
- Navajo Systems
- Jive Software
- Virtual Ark
- Constant Contact
- Model Metrics
- Practice Fusion
- Basic Gov
- PanTerra Networks
- Engine Yard
Edit / Addition(s):
Other excellent lists and points of reference:
- The 100 Coolest Cloud Computing Vendors list
- The Top 250 Players in Cloud Computing
- 85 Cloud Computing Vendors Shaping the Emerging Cloud
- 50 of The Biggest and Best Cloud Computing Companies
- The VAR Guy’s SaaS 20 Index
- Top Ten Cloud Companies in 2Q10 Report
- Top Cloud Computing Providers to Watch in 2009
The list above is a subjective impression of Cloud players on my radar. Who is on yours?
- Tune The Future -
- Which Cloud Services Providers Are Gaining Mind Share?
- Einstein, Sharks and Clouds: IT Security in the Cloud
- The End of IT 1.0 As We Know It Has Begun
- Cloud Talk with Peter Coffee: What's Next for the Cloud?
- Top 20 Cloud Services Providers That Are Gaining Mind Share
- Top 30 Cloud Service Providers Gaining Mind Share in 3Q 2010
- A Golden Key To The Cloud - For You!
- Telepresence – The Face of the Cloud
- Top Cloud Computing Enablers Gaining Mind Share in 3Q 2011
- The Beauty of the Cloud