|By Ray DePena||
|April 2, 2011 01:45 PM EDT||
In a prior post I addressed some of the questions that I have been receiving and have been selecting some of those questions as the basis for a few posts. Today’s question is simple enough though the answer may be lengthier than expected.
How do you keep track of so many Cloud computing companies? What tools do you use?
Usually I don’t talk about blogging or other tools, since there are plenty of prolific bloggers with more experience than I, though I’ll go ahead and cover it in this one post. The quick response is:
- I can’t possibly keep track of all the companies in the segment, so I don’t, and
- I use a wide array of tools to help me notice emerging Cloud computing companies.
For blogging itself I use WordPress as my main destination and RSS feeds move the content to Ulitzer, CloudTweaks, and CloudBook which gives my blog a broader audience. I also monitor Blogger and Posterous for future development, though I don’t keep those up-to-date at the moment. However, I am looking forward to seeing what Google has up its sleeve with its update to the Blogger platform.
As for tracking, WorkStreamer (Beta) helps me keep tabs on 141 companies. LinkedIn groups,Quora, Focus, Twitter, and sharing tools (HootSuite, Shareaholic) help me follow and participate in conversations of executives and influencers in the industry.
Recently, I began using Nimble (Beta), a social CRM tool, which I think of as a Personal Relationship Manager similar to Connected and Gist. Nimble enables me to manage my Gmail accounts, Twitter, and LinkedIn contacts all in one place.
I also use Google Docs and the Apps suite, Gmail, Google timeline, news, calendar, and reader. LinkedIn Today helps aggregate a lot of the news sources that I read among thoseReadWriteWeb, TechCrunch, Mashable, and traditional media like the Wall Street Journal, Harvard Business Review, and Economist.
I’d love to hear what tools professional Bloggers use to keep up with all the mayhem. For some additional insight, you can take a look at Alexandra Samuel‘s excellent screen cast in her post, “How to write a blog post in 10 minutes” to see how some of the pros blog, though her 10 minutes is easily an hour or more for me – your mileage may vary.
- Tune The Future -
- Which Cloud Services Providers Are Gaining Mind Share?
- Einstein, Sharks and Clouds: IT Security in the Cloud
- The End of IT 1.0 As We Know It Has Begun
- Cloud Talk with Peter Coffee: What's Next for the Cloud?
- Top 20 Cloud Services Providers That Are Gaining Mind Share
- Top 30 Cloud Service Providers Gaining Mind Share in 3Q 2010
- A Golden Key To The Cloud - For You!
- Telepresence – The Face of the Cloud
- Top Cloud Computing Enablers Gaining Mind Share in 3Q 2011
- The Beauty of the Cloud