|By Ray DePena||
|April 5, 2011 06:01 AM EDT||
Last week I had the pleasure of speaking with Chris O’Connell, Director of Product Marketing for Nimsoft, a provider of integrated IT management solutions owned by CA Technologies. Nimsoft has just announced the availability of its Unified Manager solution which combines IT Monitoring and Service Management to provide ITIL based IT Management as a Service.
The solution targets 15,000 Managed Service Providers (MSPs) and mid-market companies with market capitalizations of $300k to $2B. According to O’Connell, the company continued its growth trajectory in 2010 closing 140+ new deals, each replacing 3-5 siloed applications on average.
On the high-end of the segment, Nimsoft competitors include RemedyForce, a BMC Software and Salesforce.com joint SaaS offering, and in the mid-market ZenDesk, whose clients include Amazon’s Zappos!, Groupon, Twitter, MSNBC, SAP, and RackSpace; though competition is nothing new to the Nimsoft team which is led by CA Technology and industry veterans, and has its own roster of respectable clients including 1&1, CDW, SoftLayer, and Virgin America.
The Nimsoft Monitoring Solution (NMS) collects detailed metrics from a wide array of virtualization technologies including those from VMware, Microsoft, and IBM, and the solution, built on Nimsoft Monitor and Nimsoft Service Desk can be delivered branded or white labeled. It is offered on-demand (SaaS) or on-premise.
For more information and pricing please contact the sales team at Nimsoft.
- Which Cloud Services Providers Are Gaining Mind Share?
- Einstein, Sharks and Clouds: IT Security in the Cloud
- The End of IT 1.0 As We Know It Has Begun
- Cloud Talk with Peter Coffee: What's Next for the Cloud?
- Top 20 Cloud Services Providers That Are Gaining Mind Share
- Top 30 Cloud Service Providers Gaining Mind Share in 3Q 2010
- A Golden Key To The Cloud - For You!
- Telepresence – The Face of the Cloud
- Top Cloud Computing Enablers Gaining Mind Share in 3Q 2011
- The Beauty of the Cloud